THINK BEFORE DRINK aims at fostering awareness for responsible alcohol consumption in order to reduce risky behaviours that may affect health & social relationships. The target groups we will focus on are adults and youngsters, especially disadvantaged individuals particularly affected by the current economic crisis (early school leavers, basic qualifications, unemployed) & all those concerned with improvements in our communities.
We will make adults aware of the boundary between use/abuse by showing cultural habits regarding alcohol consumption. Learn from each other good/bad things & the way each country face alcohol abuse problem.
We will face the problem in 2 approaches:
1. Theoretical background: Elaborate a socio-cultural study of the situation in each country (social habits, laws, uses, properties, effects), analysis of health scientific studies, using different methods (i.e. surveys, interviews) addressed to different agents to know positive/negative aspects of alcohol consumption (youth/social workers, health institutions, residents, beer/wine producers, etc).
2. Practical background: design practical tools using non formal education methods, to foster a real change of behavior. We will put these activities into practice to check effectiveness. Examples: group dynamics, workshops, debates, meetings with psychologists, alcoholics, health institutions, etc. These activities can be used by other European organizations to prevent alcohol abuse too. Also, we will practice some responsible alcohol consumption activities like wine tasting. Results will be published in different ways for higher impact: guidebook (online/paper), flyers, website, blog, facebook, etc, & presented to our local communities in seminars, workshops, exhibition…
Il Filo d’Arianna is a non-profit cultural association for social promotion founded in 1995 in the province of Bologna.
The association promotes culture and the personal and professional growth of young people, adults and the elderly through courses and training activities in various fields.
We plan and implement programmes to prevent youth problems and foster well being.
We also encourage cultural and social exchanges at national and European level.
Besides Grundtvig partnerships, has participated in projects LLP KA3.
In collaboration with public and /or private institutions we organize initiatives and events such as workshops, conferences, and meetings aiming at the promotion of the community and to its cultural and social development.
Gefle Ölsellskap is established year 2000 with its mainly aim to develop a selected beer drinking.
We meet once a month to examine different chosen beers from small breweries to spread the knowledge of good beer.
The members show a spectrum of both age and occupation, a cross section of people in our city. Members with background in education, politics, business, sporting interests and working life with a mutual interest of socializing and helping each other to new networks both in Sweden and abroad. Now is the time to learn more on a wider arena. By an application to EU we want to share our interest with partners in Europe. By learning of old drinking habits and habits of today, alcohol legislation, and access to different beer breweries we want to contribute to more selected beer drinking and alcohol prevention both among adults and as good examples for young people in order to improve and encourage awareness in drinking habits.
HAIR REDIVIVUS is a youth association member of Youth Foundation Buzau.
The mission is to support youth projects and youth initiatives at different levels.
The organization is active in different fields like:
– Art and culture : festivals , cultural events , art camps , theater
– Media : Alandala magazine , multimedia activities , photo club , on line radio , video
– Environment and ecotourism
– Human rights
– Mobility projects : Youth in Action , Leonardo da Vinci, Grundtvig
– Trainings : communication , interculturality ,personal development , professional qualifications
– Sports : basketball , active life style
We are working weekly with groups of youngsters in nonformal education workshops and activities.
HAIR REDIVIVUS organizes every year music festivals and art camps.
Our organization is very active in mobility projects with more than 80 participations in last years.
Open Air Museum of Lithuania was founded in 1966. It is one of the largest (195 ha) open-air ethnographic museums in Europe. The museum presents the mode of life, works, and traditions of peasants and townspeople of the XIX century and beginning of XX century.
There are fragments of the villages, authentic farms, century-old buildings with flower gardens, orchards and vegetable gardens, with crosses and wooden roofed poles, technical facilities – mills, forges, a fulling-mill and oil-mill.
The museum also presents beer making exhibition. There is an old alcohol shop of the 1930 in the museum township. We have special exhibits of the XIX century temperance movement in Lithuania.
The museum is very popular, visited by thousands of visitors (80 000 last year).
For different target groups (pupils, adults, families, people with desabilities, foreign tourists etc.) we arrange:
– Thematic excursions and activities
– Educational programs
– Seminars and conferences
– Folk music concerts
– Traditional folk events
– Family holidays
The museum participated in various cultural projects (National, European etc.) & collaborates with private and state institutions, NGOs.
The aim of the organization is initialising activities for the members in terms with their socio-cultural, sportive, Professional and scientific lives.
1 conducting sportive educational free-time activities, organising sport activities, encouraging the reception of sport among the society, offering courses for the sake of teachers’ technological improvements, helping them to learn how to use Excel, word, PowerPoint to create web sites, to provide a cooperative atmosphere among the teachers of physical education lesson such as giving seminars and arranging meetings
2 Building and integrating relationships among the members, which are based on love, respect and tolerance
3 Making additions for members’ socio-moral improvements and helping those who are deprived of life insurance
4 Enhancing the relationships between the students at BESYO and those who have already graduated.
5 Conducting economic enterprises for supplying the sources to realise the targets, awarding national and amateur players with scholarship.
Another aim is to open courses and/or in service training courses and to provide them the chance to have a good and high quality education. We want our teachers to be able to speak a foreign language well enough, to be good at ICT and we want our members and the English language teachers to be able to use the technology in their lessons. For this purpose another field that we include in our courses is computer programming.
• offer courses for the sake of teachers’ technological improvements, helping them to learn how to use Excel, word, Power Point to create web sites, to provide a cooperative atmosphere among the teachers .
• build relationships among the members, which are based on love, respect and tolerance,
• enhance the relationships between the students at BESYO and those who have already graduated.
• organize meetings, symposia, panels, discussions, fairs, exhibitions, concerts, sport contests are held.
• investigations and observations
purchase of immovable such as lot, building, camp, social institutions can be bought and rented out. They can be restored, modified and operated.
. brochures, catalogues, bulletin boards, magazines, newspapers and books are published.
. newspapers are published both domestically and externally.
. souvenirs are ordered to be delivered.
. through the law of donation, it is allowed to apply for grants and it is permitted to offer grants
. other applications
In this page you will find the documentation regarding this project. It will be periodically updated with contents collected while developing the project “Think before Drink”.
– Tuica de Buzau – Plum Brandy of Buzau (Romania)
– State and Beer – Case study of Kaunas Beer Industry in the 19th-20th centuries (Lithuania)
– Milk & Honey: some of the Moments in Lithuanian Mead History (Lithuania)
– The Dark Side of Alcohol Use – harmful alcohol use and social exclusion (Lithuania)